"" Dream To Life: Whirlwind Wedding Weekend Number One!

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Whirlwind Wedding Weekend Number One!

Billy and I just got back from 2 whirlwind weekends in San Francisco.  I Love San Fran.  It is such a beautiful city...so much culture, art, busy people, beautiful buildings, shopping!

Two couple friends of ours got married - the first was friends from college, the second friends from Vanderbilt Business School.

Two completely different groups of friends and two completely different weekends!

We flew into Oakland and Billy's father and brother picked us up from the airport.  It was so nice to get to spend so much extra time with B's family while we were there for the weddings!  The Leiva's are gutting the downstairs of their house right now (it's down to the studs!), so we stayed at a hotel near their house on Thursday.


Welcome to the Sofitel San Francisco!

AMAZING hotel. It was absolutely stunning, and a BIG THANK YOU to my amazing in-laws for putting us up in such a swank-ified place! We are so blessed.

They even upgraded us to a suite!  I got these pics from the Sofitel website (silly me was too busy gawking to take pictures), and I'm pretty sure the following is the actual room we stayed in:



And the living area:




I never wanted to leave!  The bed was one of the most comfortable beds we've ever slept in.   We're seriously considering one of those feather bed tops for ours at home now :>)


The gorgeous, modern lobby:

(above images here)

It's so funny - I would never go modern/contemporary in our house (well I guess I should never say never), but I love hotels and restaurants that are designed like this.

The blues and greens are so relaxing.  I loved the patterned carpets and the over sized hanging pendants above each seating area.  

The next morning was great - a big breakfast at the local bakery (pumpkin coffee cake included!) and plenty of time to sit and talk with Billy's family.  

Then it was off to the big city!  Here was my first stop:





WOOT WOOT!!!  I have been planning my entire fall clothing budget on this San Fran trip!  Tiny as it is.

But that's why I wanted to spend it where I'd get the most bang for my buck.   Nashville doesn't have very many options when it comes to shopping...especially budget shopping! 

H&M didn't disappoint...I got the few pieces I really wanted for this fall - even Billy found a couple things to pick up!

Shopping in San Fran, however, is exhausting.  There are so many people - it's unbelievable!  You literally have to fight your way through the racks and the dressing room.

Needless to say, as soon as we were done, we headed straight to our hotel bar for a glass of "decompression" wine :>)   And it was delicious.



Then it was off to the rehearsal dinner "after party" at Limon.




Saturday was Wedding Day!  Lydia and Tommy looked amazing, and their wedding was beautiful. 


The ceremony and reception were both at The California Golf Club:



Stunning, right?


And the even more stunning couple:



Wedding Number Two to come :>)

xo,






1 comment:

  1. ummmmm gorgeous hotel!! Looks like you had a great trip. xo

    ReplyDelete