"" Dream To Life: White Christmas

Monday, November 8, 2010

White Christmas

I know it's only November, but - 

Who am I kidding.  I'm the girl who turns on Christmas music in October!

TIS THE SEASON!!!!!!

I actually have an excuse for talking about Christmas so early.  One of my favorite holiday movies is the classic "White Christmas" with Bing Crosby, Danny Kaye, and Rosemary Clooney.  I used to dream about wearing the amazing Red Christmas dresses that they wear at the end of the movie:



Even in 5th grade, when Kacey and I both played Mrs. Clause in our school musical, we begged our music teacher, Mrs. Randall, (and our mom!) to let us wear dresses like these.  Needless to say, our 5th grade version seemed pretty spectacular at the time.

Anyway, a community theater here in Nashville is putting on a production of White Christmas this December....and I'm in it!

I'm so excited!  I'm playing one of the showgirls (naturally :>) haha!), so my dress at the end of the show might not be quite as majestic as Judy's and Betty's :>)  I'll keep ya posted!

We started rehearsals last week....I'm off to buy some character shoes today. 

I feel like I'm right back in high school!

I'll leave you with some classic pictures from White Christmas:


















Makes me want to put the movie in right now.

xo,
k





No comments:

Post a Comment