"" Dream To Life: Lemon Pasta

Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Lemon Pasta

After a weekend full o' celebrating (birthday parties, wine tasting, songwriter nights, good friends in town, meals out, cupcakes, and girl scout cookies) we desperately needed a simple, healthy meal for dinner last night :>)

I made grilled chicken, salad, and lemon pasta - I always forget how delicious and easy it is!


Lemon Pasta - for 2(w/leftovers!)

1/2 pound long pasta (Fettuccine, spaghetti)
3 small lemons
1/3 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
salt and pepper
basil - fresh if you have it.  If not dried is fine.
  1. Boil Pasta till al dente
  2. In a bowl, squeeze the lemons - discard seeds.
  3. Mix together lemon juice, olive oil, cheese, salt and pepper to taste.
  4. Pour liquid over drained pasta.  Add basil and stir together.


To be honest, I never really measure the ingredients.  I just add a little here and there till it tastes good! Play around with it - if you like a little more lemon flavor, add another lemon!  


It is so easy and SOOOOOOO good :>)

xo,
k


Pretty picture of the day:


Have you ever seen these books? So fun, magical, and creative! Great for kids, too :>)

COME ON SPRING!

1 comment:

  1. I love lemon flavor!!

    I am blog hopping today and I am happy I found your blog.

    Please head on over and visit my blogs as well and become a follower if you aren't already:

    Jessicas Lil Corner is where I blog about family and life at http://jessicaslilcorner.blogspot.com

    So Stylilized is where I am currently offering FREE Custom Blog Designs at http://sostylilized.blogspot.com

    Have a blessed day!! :0)

    ReplyDelete