"" Dream To Life: Cover it up

Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Cover it up


I love make up.  I love finding new products that work their magic on my pale, pale skin.  Here are some of my new favorites, along with some tried and true oldies (but definitely goodies :>)


Sheer but complete coverage.  For everyday use (and it has SPF!!!)  Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer in Nude:



I have used MAC Studio Tech in NW20 for years.   Every night on stage, this base is the BEST!  I still use it as an every day concealer (under eyes, around my nose), and I use it for fuller coverage for special events when I know there will be lots of pictures taken:





Next I buff on some all-over Bronzer - Bare Minerals All Over Face Color in "A Little Sun":




Rub a little cheek stain onto the apples of your cheeks:  Tarte's Natural Cheek Stain in "Blissful":





This next product is a must.  It's MAC's Painterly Pot in "Bare Study".  It locks ANY eyeshadow you use on your eyelid - it doesn't move or crease:





Then I sweep on some shimmery eyeshadow.  I love Physicians Formula Shimmer Strips in "Miami Strip".  It has a range of colors, lighter for day, darker for night:





Curling your lashes is another must! It really makes a big difference.  Sweep on some CoverGirl Lash Blast Volume Blasting Mascara in "Black" - just remember the orange tube!:


And top with Benefit's "High Beam" Liquid Highlighter on your cheek bones and eyebrow bones:



For fancier affairs, I love individual lashes.  No need to buy the expensive brands - Walgreens carries great/easy to use falsies :>)

Sources:
1.)  Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer in "Nude": Sephora

2.)  MAC Studio Tech NW20:  MAC

3.)  Bare Minerals All Over Face Color in "A Little Sun": Sephora

4.)  Tarte Cheek Stain in "Blissful":  Sephora

5.)  MAC Painterly Pot in "Bare Study":  MAC

6.)  Physicians Formula "Miami Strip" Shimmer Strip:  Drugstore

7.)  Cover Girl Mascara "Black":  Target

8.)  Benefit High Beam Highlighter:  Sephora

xo,
k






4 comments:

  1. Huge Laura Mercier fan myself! Loved this post... makes me want to go try a few of these :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the next time you are in town, you need to take me to a make-up studio and just tell me what I need. I am lost in those places. You seem to know what you are doing! I love all of your wedding ideas for your teacher friend, too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I ADORE high beam, great choice.

    Where can I find the Miami Strip? That'd be great for uh, Miami!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can get Physicians formula (miami strip) at any drugstore!

    ReplyDelete