"" Dream To Life: On the Other Side of the Camera

Thursday, March 24, 2011

On the Other Side of the Camera


"When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left, and could say, 'I used everything you gave me.'" - Erma Bombeck


I read this quote yesterday...and I thought to myself that it couldn't have come at a better time.  I've always been interested in many different things: music, design, writing, weddings, planning, cooking, reading, yoga.....the list is always changing and always growing.  That's why I started writing here - so I could have a place to put down all my thoughts, all my ideas, all my dreams.

The past few months have been such a transitional time.  I'm still trying to figure it all out, and now I'm not sure if that ever ends.  I'm not even sure if I want it to end.  Not knowing exactly what is going to happen, going through each week where one day is never the same as the next - well it's never boring, that's for sure.   It's never settled either.  But I'm learning to like that.

So in the spirit of trying new things and using up what I have, I spent Tuesday on the other side of the camera.....

....Success!!!  My first official photo shoot as the event designer is complete.  I can't wait to post all the pictures...It was such a great day.  All the vendors really out did themselves - we had some amazing designs to work with!



A little teaser :>)  Yes, this is taken on my iphone.  Yes, those are clamps in the back of the dress...but what a dress! And what a model!  Laura was fantastic!  

It was long but incredibly satisfying day.   Can't wait to show more...

xo,
k

2 comments:

  1. Stunning! Such a beautiful model :) Looking forward to more pics!

    ReplyDelete